This was my first real competition and one really humbling experience.
2 WODS, one day
WOD 1 – Strength & Skill
As many points as possible in 8 minutes of:
- Overhead Squats
- Muscle Ups
WOD 2 – Heavy Metcon
For Time:
- 40 Clean & Jerk (W:95 / M:135lb)
- 60 Burpee Pullups
- 80 Ball Slams (W:35 / M:50lb)
- 400 Double Unders
12 minute cutoff
The teams had to contain at least 1 girl and 1 boy. We had a team of 3 girls and 3 dudes. I was chosen to complete WOD 2 because I would be of no help in muscle-ups and overhead squats. To my disappointment I was also of no help in completing double unders or anything else in WOD 2. While my teammates ran around like superheros throwing around clean and jerks, medicine balls and knocking out burpee strict pull-ups on an 8 ft bar - I was huffing and puffing with a jumprope. meh.
Lesson learned - I have a looongg way to go and I reallllyy need to work on my double unders...
All in all, CFCC was truly amazing. Our teamwork was unmatched and our enthusiasm palpable. I am inspired to be better for next time. One of my teammates, Joey, completed everything with a smile on her face. Since I'm prone to performance anxiety, I'm always looking for ways to combat anxiousness. It was inspiring to see a teammate have fun with the movements. Not only was she having fun, but she was committed to completing movements, trying everything, helping everyone - she was an invaluable team member.
![]() |
| me fighting with the jumprope and Jim banging out 135 lb clean and jerks |
| WOD 1 - Record on her max overhead squat |
![]() |
| My team in WOD 1 using Jason as a human foot stool |
![]() |
| Anna on muscle-ups: rare to see a girl doing muscle-ups |
![]() |
| Joey in an amazing kip and Jim at the top of his muscle up |
| Another CFCC team completing WOD 2 |




No comments:
Post a Comment