Pages

Followers

Friday, April 27, 2012

Intangible Goals

A blog follower pointed out to me that my goals were too obscure. I disagree - in fact, some of my regrets from the last challenge include only focusing on the one physical goal of losing 5 lbs.

This is what I wanted to do - I wanted to spend the last week making sure I was getting 8 hours of sleep in the pitch darkness, I wanted to experiment with fasting, I wanted to cut out stimulants. I never quite refined my last challenge to that point.

Whole30, or 30 days of paleo is about more than body composition. Half of this challenge is about how food affects your mood and function - Read Erin's Comprehensive Guide - it touches on everything ranging from mood to legumes.

In her guide you can find articles like this: Kresser, Treating Depression Without Drugs. The idea being that sleep, nutrition, Vit D, bright light, prayer, can be more useful to treating depression than prozac.

If you still don't think I know what I'm talking about then just read the winners' testimonials from the January 30 day challenge CFCC BCC winners





No comments:

Post a Comment