Pages

Followers

Friday, April 13, 2012

Healthy food post, thank god!

Salmon with dill and lemon, shredded cabbage salad

spinach salad with leftover salmon, shredded cabbage, red onion and flax seed
Finally a post about how I've stuck with eating clean for... a day or two? It's not very long but it's a start and already making a difference on my body.

The lethargic, I'm-not-feeling-it, sore thing that's been following me around from crossfit session to crossfit session had to be my weight. Too much sugar and non-paleo foods only compounded this feeling day to day. Even yesterday I was affected. In gymnastics we were doing handstand thigh slaps - my specialty. My coach, Sammy, recalled that I had won the "death by thigh slaps" metcon months ago! Yesterday, however, my shoulder gave out with a sharp pain and I had to quit the workout - got on my elbows and held planks instead. Boo.

Squat cleans yesterday and I was so excited to FINALLY break my 90 lb max. It's been months since I last tried to max out on squat cleans and I expected that I'd easily be stronger. NOPE. I again failed at 93 lb three times. I at least caught the bar every time but then got stuck in the squat and dumped it.... so sad.

Anyway, all that being said, I am really really really excited to get better from here. I learned a few things about myself 1) I'm pretty compulsive - put chocolate in my apt and it will be gone by the end of the day. I can't kid myself about that. 2) There is nothing scary about getting on the scale and it's probably the best way to reign in unhealthy eating.

Interesting thing, lots of people posting about "getting off track" recently. Check out some of the posts on my blogroll -

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment