New song from my brother who is a junior at UChicago majoring in economics with a double major in music composition. He spends wayyy too much time writing music and not enough time studying econ :) but in any case, he's the smart one in the family who comes up with stuff like the piece below. This is a step away from his usual complex rhythms and classical-like key changes - here he keeps is simple, grunge and reminiscent of Billy Corgan. Not very easter-y but I'm excited to post some of his new music.
Since I'm his sister and this is MY blog I'll reveal the backstory behind this song because it's one we can ALL relate to. It's about a girl, obviously - an attractive girl from UChicago who gave George the time of day for a little while. She was one of those mysterious, cute chicks who also played classical piano and spent a lot of time being serious and studying. Anyway, Valentine's Day happened and she was more withdrawn than usual. George addressed the issue and decided to give her more space... things kind of just dropped off with no more than a few fb messages containing Youtube videos in response to some of his more pressing emails and texts. This is a song about that person you date that kind of just disappears one day...
Go here as well I HIGHLY recommend his recently completed album Sunrise Lawless http://georgewoskob.com/
it's circulating around small independent labels right now...
Yurij - Her Song by georgewoskob

No comments:
Post a Comment