-PhillyGirlRuns added BCAAs (branched chain amino acids) into her diet. This is something Crossfit is always advocating. I've just never brought myself to order them. She also talks about these AMAZING looking salmon wraps Im going to have to buy the materials for and make. Photo Here
-Practically Paleo has the most colorful paleo dishes. Her blog photos and descriptions make me feel a little bit boring and uncreative in my food choices. I am going to make a greater effort to go out to some of the farmers markets she talks about and also buy purple broccoli and organic eggs.
![]() |
| one of Practically Paleo's beautiful dishes |
-Finally, Crossfit website and others are full of great recipes and more nutrition recommendations. Although I did this 18 day challenge on my own, I really really regret not jumping on the Crossfit bandwagon and doing their 30 day challenge with consultations. I could benefit from expert advice.
And on that note
Crossfit is where I'm seeing the real results of my paleo eating. On Sunday, at gymnastic with Sammy, I walked on my hands for 12-15 feet and I held the day's record for death by hand to thigh slaps. I've never "won" anything at crossfit - I know it's not about "winning" - but it was the first time I was the best at something. And walking on my hands is a strength skill I've been good at since I was very young. For a while, during my out of shape stages, I really lost my ability to do handstand walks. It was a cool moment on Sunday to see that I've regained my strength.
I'm also going to take this moment to apologize for my recent poorly written posts. haha. keep reading. They'll get better!

haha thanks for the shout out! I swear I'm not that creative, I tend to buy and make the same things every week.
ReplyDeletegreat job this past Sunday! that's awesome! You're totally right, it's not about "winning," but it feels so good to "win" sometimes lol