The Center City Crossfit kids participating in the body composition challenge (30 days of paleo) are about halfway through and their blogs are full of midway reflections. I'm nearing the end of my 18 days. Below is what's on my mind.
1. What am I going to do when I'm finished? I've been asking myself this since about day 2 of paleo when I realized how difficult this lifestyle is. I was afraid of going off and gaining back weight in a couple of days. However, I am realizing that as much work as paleo is, it's actually very sustainable. I've refrained from calling this a "diet" on this blog. However, in terms of a diet - this is the most sustainable one I've ever been on. I've lost a few pounds (that I havent been able to lose in... years?). But my weight did not drop drastically like it does on most diets. Instead I progressed downwards. Additionally, eating a little more a few days (like last weekend) didn't make me gain weight. I just kind of stayed the same. My conclusion is that I'm probably going to continue practicing paleo.
2. Cutting out processed sugars is not so hard. I thought that for sure I would be experiencing headaches and energy lows from a lack of cereals, pastas, bread... quinoa!!! Instead my energy is so much more consistent. On friday I had a taste of what it felt like to eat processed sugars again when I accidentally devoured an entire chocolate bar. I went to crossfit - lifted like a crazy person and then I went home and passed out in bed at 7pm until about 10pm. Yes, that was my sad sad friday night. I woke up thirsty and sick to my stomach. It's got to be the chocolate's fault and my body not being used to the influx of sugar into its system!
3. Meat, eggs and oils are awesome. I am no longer afraid of red meat.
4. On day 19 I am going to go eat a froyo - because I miss that.
5. Then after the froyo I am going to go back to being paleo.
Here is dinner from saturday night at La Viola. Everyone's dishes were gorgeous and tasty. However, we had a paleo fail moment when they offered us free dessert.
1. What am I going to do when I'm finished? I've been asking myself this since about day 2 of paleo when I realized how difficult this lifestyle is. I was afraid of going off and gaining back weight in a couple of days. However, I am realizing that as much work as paleo is, it's actually very sustainable. I've refrained from calling this a "diet" on this blog. However, in terms of a diet - this is the most sustainable one I've ever been on. I've lost a few pounds (that I havent been able to lose in... years?). But my weight did not drop drastically like it does on most diets. Instead I progressed downwards. Additionally, eating a little more a few days (like last weekend) didn't make me gain weight. I just kind of stayed the same. My conclusion is that I'm probably going to continue practicing paleo.
2. Cutting out processed sugars is not so hard. I thought that for sure I would be experiencing headaches and energy lows from a lack of cereals, pastas, bread... quinoa!!! Instead my energy is so much more consistent. On friday I had a taste of what it felt like to eat processed sugars again when I accidentally devoured an entire chocolate bar. I went to crossfit - lifted like a crazy person and then I went home and passed out in bed at 7pm until about 10pm. Yes, that was my sad sad friday night. I woke up thirsty and sick to my stomach. It's got to be the chocolate's fault and my body not being used to the influx of sugar into its system!
3. Meat, eggs and oils are awesome. I am no longer afraid of red meat.
4. On day 19 I am going to go eat a froyo - because I miss that.
5. Then after the froyo I am going to go back to being paleo.
Here is dinner from saturday night at La Viola. Everyone's dishes were gorgeous and tasty. However, we had a paleo fail moment when they offered us free dessert.
| no paleo, but not my dish |
![]() |
| Red Snapper |
| paleo cheesecake, paleo chocolate cake and paleo tiramisu. JK |

No comments:
Post a Comment