Pages

Followers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kale and Scales

Don't feel like being too wordy today - probably because I'm spending so much time writing other essays...


This is what I learned about cooking kale. Kale is this dark green, coarse, fibrous, bitter veggie. I've had a giant bag of it sitting in my fridge for almost a week. Yesterday, I turned the oven on to 400, oiled an oven sheet and dumped the bag of kale onto the sheet. The result: Kale chips. Crispy, salty kale chips.


Today, on my way home, I stumbled across a paleo heaven. It was a tiny grocery market hidden in the wall. Unbelievable prices, fresh produce, and ripe pears. 



Food Today
Banana
coconut water
met a friend for lunch to have sushi - I ate sashimi (no rice)
kale chips
baked sweet potato fries 
grapefruit 


I know, it's terrible. I ate chips and fries for dinner. 




Scales! I was about to leave out the part of this post that had to do with scales. The scale and I, we've been rekindling our former relationship. One of the greatest things about eating paleo is that my weight isn't dipping down or bouncing up quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment