Pages

Followers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Finishing Strong Day 17

I may have eaten way too much fruit today, but nevertheless I am making sure to finish with beautiful paleo foods. I am a little wiped out. I'm out of money and time. But don't get me wrong, this doesn't make me want to stop paleo. Instead I want unlimited access to farmers markets and beautiful produce and plenty of time to make the recipes in my "The Paleo Diet Cookbook" with their pages folded over.


1) Still want to make the spaghetti squash dish
2) Caramelized broccoli with orange zest
3) Paleo Spicy Tuna Rolls
4) Bison Steak with Caramelized Onions


On Sunday, after gymnastics, we ate brunch and I ordered steak and eggs. This morning I  ate poached eggs. The frequency of whole eggs in my diet has never been this high. The same can be said for red meat or any kind of meat. I was borderline vegetarian before - maybe almost out of laziness (cooking meat?!). When I felt especially hungry I would reach for cereals, granola,  rice and quinoa. They wouldn't satisfy me unless I ate an insane quantity of them and they always left me feeling a little bit bloated and tired. The biggest change in my diet is that now, when I need extra fuel, I reach for a slab of meat, eggs and more and more veggies with a variety of oils and spices. This is just better.


Other amazing discoveries
1) Coconut Oil
2) Kale Chips
3) Sweet Potato "fries"
4) Spices, oils and herbs! Cayenne pepper and dried dill are so flavorful 
5) Who needs diet soda?
6) Bison!


Tomorrow is my last day. On Friday, I was planning to have my froyo fan-day but it seems that is probably not happening because I will be in Nebraska. I'm going to have to put off froyo until Monday probably. I'll make sure to document that entire event on this blog. Here are today's beautiful meals

2 poached eggs and sliced tomato

Rendition of Bison stuffed peppers: This is with ground turkey meat, scallions and fresh avocado





No comments:

Post a Comment