Pages

Followers

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 1 and it must be blogged about


I was upset that I missed the boat on signing up for Center City Crossfit’s Nutrition Challenge. They take your weight, and measure your biceps every week if you pay them $50. Well, it’s more extensive – Erin gives nutrition consultations and I’m sure the support system is great because it always is at Crossfit. I missed this whole ordeal and expressed my regret yesterday (after a weekend of birthday cake). Dan suggested I just do the challenge myself. 

While I was chopping up parsley for my butter lettuce salad, and while I resisted the temptation to use balsamic vinegar in my dressing, I decided some of this process had to be documented. It is too difficult and tedious to discard as just my own personal quest. Everyone should know that the olives in the back of my fridge are going to continue sitting there because they’re off limits. And instead of balsamic vinegar, I must use fresh squeezed lemons in my salad dressing.

The perks so far: 2 eggs for breakfast had me feeling so full that I went to crossfit and ran around for a while before I got hungry again. I love butter lettuce and am rekindling my relationship with lemons (goodbye vinegar). 

Some concerns: Alcohol.. kind of off limits but I’m not sure if I’m going to follow through with this. For example, I had drinks with my boss planned for tonight and going Paleo isn’t making me rethink this engagement. 

Food
2 egg omelet with olive oil in and mushrooms (salt and pepper)
Grapefruit (bc it’s low sugar fruit)
Butter lettuce salad with chopped parsley, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, salt

No comments:

Post a Comment