Pages

Followers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Late for work...

This morning, the last thing I did before I walked out the door was throw a bag of salad, shaker of pepper, sliced lemon and grapefruit into a tub. I probably should have woken up a whole hour earlier to orchestrate the preparations necessary to go an entire day of paleo eating without being at home. I'm at PVLA all day and as soon as I get home I start my Kaplan LSAT teacher training session. I did not prepare for the small amount of time I have between the two activities which means that I will be hungry during Kaplan. I also am aware that I'm probably supposed to be eating more protein, say for lunch, but there was no time to make my lean ground turkey burger patties.
paleo fridge


I am well aware now that eating Paleo takes work, and preparation. Every kind of food that you could easily grab before heading out the door is pretty much off limits. A yogurt, a granola bar... the usual culprits are non-paleo. We're limited to meats and veggies and those aren't exactly super accessible. And most things placed in front of you don't fall into this category either. Last night, during drinks with my boss I stopped myself from reaching into the bowl of wasabi peas and other non-paleo things and not so tactfully exclaimed 'ah no, I'm on a diet.' Every girl understand this - noone wants to hear about how you're on a diet. Just keep it to yourself. I apologized and moved on. One glass of wine later I was proud of myself for not eating the bar food and for sticking to one glass. Everyone reading this blog knows to applaud me for that one.


Anyway, the rest of the night went well. I heated up leftover lamb from this past weekend that my mom made. And I baked these cubes of sweet potato with olive oil, salt and pepper. I hope I didnt mess up here - I know potatoes are bad but I seem to remember that sweet potatoes are okay?


I feel awesome and fine and not hungry. So aside from inconvenience this is great. And inconvenience only goes to show how hard it is to eat healthy and well. Why makes things harder for yourself when you could just pick up a meal from the food court downstairs?


This is one reason. I read this blog entry a while ago. The girl went on a 30 day paleo challenge and talks about the ways it helped her with her digestive problems... etc.


How Paleo Helped this Cupcake Lover...


Food
Yesterday Lamb, sweet potato (1.5 oz)

Today
2 egg omelet, olive oil, mushrooms











No comments:

Post a Comment