A whiillee ago I posted this recipe for TexMex Crockpot Carnitas
I finally got around to buying 2.5lb of pork shoulder and all of the other ingredients. For the BBQ sauce I used Bone Suckin' Sauce because it's gluten free and full of decent ingredients
The meat cooked for 8 hours on low and then warmed for another couple hours. I woke up to the smell of heaven and ate pork for breakfast. I had more for lunch and then more for dinner. Overkill maybe, but the meat got juicier and juicier throughout the day. I will probably change it up for breakfast tomorrow.
Operation eat no sugar is going well. I do eat some berries before I workout and coconut waters kind of keep sneaking in - but such low sugar intake makes me drained!!! Ugh I remember this feeling from my first experience with 30 days of paleo. At the time I was pairing 8 am sessions with low carbs and would be completely knocked me out everyday from 2-3pm. At least now I'm training in the afternoon.
Speaking of training - I worked out twice today, once at the FlashWOD in Rittenhouse square this evening. There were photos taken... so I may share soon.
On another good note, a few months ago I cried about not being able to do kipping body weight chest to bar pull-ups. Well, that's all changed now so I can be happy about that mark of improvement. I have a bloody hand rip as evidence.
I finally got around to buying 2.5lb of pork shoulder and all of the other ingredients. For the BBQ sauce I used Bone Suckin' Sauce because it's gluten free and full of decent ingredients
The meat cooked for 8 hours on low and then warmed for another couple hours. I woke up to the smell of heaven and ate pork for breakfast. I had more for lunch and then more for dinner. Overkill maybe, but the meat got juicier and juicier throughout the day. I will probably change it up for breakfast tomorrow.
![]() |
| ingredients in crock pot |
![]() |
| final product in lettuce wrap with guac and hot sauce |
Speaking of training - I worked out twice today, once at the FlashWOD in Rittenhouse square this evening. There were photos taken... so I may share soon.
On another good note, a few months ago I cried about not being able to do kipping body weight chest to bar pull-ups. Well, that's all changed now so I can be happy about that mark of improvement. I have a bloody hand rip as evidence.



No comments:
Post a Comment