Pages

Followers

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Photo logging: Tuesday




Steak and Salad
boyfriend

Me 

Breakfast: Slice of Frittata
Coffee Black

snacked on Fage yogurt later - obviously not great bc of sugar and dairy - but it was in my fridge and I caved

Lunch: crock pot beef over spinach and shredded cabbage

Feeling really drained so I had a coconut water before crossfit
15 min run

Crossfit: dumbbell press only 35 lb
Metcon - 3 rounds 15 HSPU 50 double unders (rxed with kipping HSPU)
completed in 13:32

Post crossfit I had a Lara bar in my bag and was soo happy about that. Tough metcon

Dinner: 1 pound of steak (basically) in a shallot wine sauce
salad with spinach, oil vinegar and avocado
I claim no credit for how amazing that meal looks above - but I ate the whole thing and that deserves some credit

Notes


First, about my amazing dinner - because yesterday could have been a flop. Lara bar? come on, that's exactly the kind of stuff I've been wanting to cut out. But I have to be honest I felt so dead after that metcon and lightheaded (upside down for 45 HSPU will do that)

Three GREAT things about dinner last night 1) I got to sit back and relax. Actually no, I was furiously typing away at my thesis but I was not cooking. got up from doing work, wandered over to the table, and there was this great meal 2) It tasted incredible and was paleo and home cooked (YES) 3) Boyfriend made the meal and not only did I learn that he could cook, but I also learned that he could contribute to a balanced relationship between stress, school and eating that often when I'm too focused on one can get the others out of whack. Not last night, I was treated, allowed to destress, eat a good paleo meal and get work done at the same time. just so ideal, right?

Crossfit


On a different note, Peak week. Fuck you peak week. Seriously, I have not PRed at all! Front squats I apparently made 135 look easy so Tim sent me to 145 andd I crashed. Same thing yesterday, I made 35 dumbbell press look real smooth and then I fail 37.5

Half these things are completely mental - I know that. I know I can squat 145 and press 37.5 but I want those numbers up on the boarddd!!! wah.

The Board
The board where everyone else gets to see everyone's scores and PRs. Mine are really really lousy this week. Aside from being disappointed that the numbers aren't written on this board of comparison I'm actually okay. I started this cycle front squatting like 125 or something... and one arm press.. psh. Really I've made some huge jumps and that's pretty cool. additionally, yesterday's metcon (on the board above) was pretty impressive by me. HSPU rxed and double unders in 13:35



No comments:

Post a Comment