Pages

Followers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sugar Sugar


I've gotten the hang of eating paleo - around my family, out at restaurants, on campus for lunch, in my home (kind of). However, 2 days ago I ate a bar of chocolate and finished off this amazing coconut ice-cream from last week very easily. Too easily.

When I'm on a strict 30 days I can feel the effects of a few bites of a banana. Cutting out sugar leaves me feeling very sensitive to its effects. So when I find myself pretty desensitized I know I there's a problem. Sugar creeps back in.


I talked to Thai and he suggested I work on cutting out sugar. His suggestion was actually a bit intense - strict paleo for a week, like no coffee, alcohol - only meats and veggies. I was like, Thai, maybe... haha

Anyway, I have spent the past two days eating sugar free. I even FINALLY made my crockpot pork shoulder meal and my next post will be photos of it. Delicious - woke up to it this morning and ate hearty pork shoulder for breakfast.

That being said, here are a few photos from this past weekend at the lake. Yes, vodka infused watermelon. (one more note - this blog has obviously become my Replacebook - goodbye fb)



No comments:

Post a Comment