Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 2012

Soooo many things going on this month.

1) Need to buy a log book for a orderly and fresh start to 2012
Jan 3, 2012 Workout - 30 burpees, 25 OH squats (35lbs- so lame), 20 HSPU, 25 OH squats, 30 burpees
Today, I felt sooo weak. It was my first time at crossfit after a week of too much fun in the sun and rum punches. I somehow managed to lose a good 5 lbs over break (bringing me to my new years resolution weight goal - yay it only took me 3 days!). But I hate feeling weak even if my numbers are lower on the scale.

2) Law school application-ness is going well. Heard back from my first school before break and got in with flying colors. Just need to survive this month

3) Classes start ohhh on monday

4) The Crossfit Body Composition Challenge starts on Monday. This means that I'll be keeping a food log, meeting with Erin for nutrition advice, and sticking to paleo for 30 days.

The great thing is that I have several mechanisms in place to keep me structured and on the path to achieve whatever health goals I have for the month (aka new years resolutions). I will have to come up with specific goals for the Challenge as well. Hopefully Erin will help me out here. I want to become more defined but I'm not sure what that means - lose some fat, gain some muscle? I also NEED to be boss at double unders. Jump roping, something I learned in elementary school, is my biggest obstacle to becoming a killer crossfitter.

Hopefully I recover and start feeling a bit stronger soon. My shoulders shook during today's OH squats. My wrists felt like they were going to snap in half during the burpees? Does a week off from crossfit really leave you feeling like this? I was also sick with the flu only a day ago... maybe it's fair to blame my illness.

Cheers, and happy new year - here it is in pictures








No comments:

Post a Comment