Magic! I've recovered from my week long illness it seems like overnight. My stress levels are back down to normal (for me that is) and I'm healthy. My paleo cooking has improved and my dedication to being a GREAT CFCC BCC'er is stronger than ever.
Yesterday, while still feeling miserable and wired I made a trip to whole foods. I "splurged" - only spending $50 which is nothing by whole foods standards - but buying anything at whole foods is a "splurge".
Groceries
2 lbs ground beef
2 pieces of the black forest bacon
3 links of pork chorizo
shrimp
spaghetti squash
spinach
kale kale kale
cilantro
carrots
jerkey
I also had my grandmother bring me more veggies (broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers) and homemade chicken broth. Last night I enjoyed my slow cooked whole chicken and roasted broccoli. I've been eating leftovers all day today. My illness was so stress induced it's unbelievable. I could tell - I think managing my diet and not eating absolute shit was also helpful. However, being a committed paleo person while sick was very difficult. there was one morning all i could do was reach in my cabinet for walnuts and chocolate - this was my sustenance until I finally got up and made bacon around 4 pm.
Yesterday, while still feeling miserable and wired I made a trip to whole foods. I "splurged" - only spending $50 which is nothing by whole foods standards - but buying anything at whole foods is a "splurge".
Groceries
2 lbs ground beef
2 pieces of the black forest bacon
3 links of pork chorizo
shrimp
spaghetti squash
spinach
kale kale kale
cilantro
carrots
jerkey
I also had my grandmother bring me more veggies (broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers) and homemade chicken broth. Last night I enjoyed my slow cooked whole chicken and roasted broccoli. I've been eating leftovers all day today. My illness was so stress induced it's unbelievable. I could tell - I think managing my diet and not eating absolute shit was also helpful. However, being a committed paleo person while sick was very difficult. there was one morning all i could do was reach in my cabinet for walnuts and chocolate - this was my sustenance until I finally got up and made bacon around 4 pm.
| slow cooked chicken with rosemary, thyme and garlic |
| kale and chorizo breakfast |
No comments:
Post a Comment