Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Only in NYC

There is a rumor that someone was shot after cutting the line for the NYC food cart, Halal Guys. Ever since this alleged event, the Halal Guys has become one of New York City's most famous late night hot spots. By hot spot I mean, late night drunky food pick-up.

This is where I ended up on Saturday night around 3 am. The guys told me it was lamb. That's fine, but it was also over rice. So I had my super bad late night meal after a lot of sake and wine. I had done SUCH a good job sticking to paleo at the "all you can eat" sushi dinner we had earlier - staying away from all the rice and just picking at the fish.

Two things - 1) Going out of town for birthday weekends does not make paleo any easier 2) nothing GREAT happens at 4 am


My other, better NYC adventure was planned by Dan. He found this restaurant by searching "paleo friendly restaurants in NYC". They served ONLY raw beef that you then cooked over a mini, personal grill. They served every cut of raw beef that you can imagine. And get this, our waiter not only knew about paleo but said he was "on a modified version called the Warrior Diet". I was like, "only in NY". Here are the photos: we had Beef tongue, 1st stomach, rib meat, and skirt.






No comments:

Post a Comment