My goals for this week were to get more creative with my cooking and food choices. I must have sounded overwhelmed because Erin ended up outlining a meal plan and suggesting places to go and things to buy in Reading Terminal
1) Reading Terminal is amazing. Excellent product and great value
2) I got really sick on Tuesday and haven't been the BEST at fulfilling my goal. Today, after half a day all I consumed was dark chocolate and a navel orange before I could gather enough energy to make it to the grocery store and then cook a meal.
I have made a few "creative" meals. First, I finally made the pasta-less pasta I've been dying to make. Baked a spaghetti squash, bought wholesome tomato sauce and worked in some ground turkey and spinach to make a meal that looks like pasta but isn't!
I apologize for the awful photos?!??! I lost my iphone over break and this is taken with a 3G. Yuck.
The second creative meal also included ground turkey so I may lose points for reusing meat types. But this meal was a recreation of one of my favorite brunch dishes in philly. I love the Day by Day brunch special: two eggs over chorizo and sweet potatoes. Instead of chorizo I used ground turkey, but I added enough spices that the taste was similar to chorizo (secret, paprika).
Finally, I went out last night for a completely different food experience. Clam bake for two at the Oyster House.
1) Reading Terminal is amazing. Excellent product and great value
2) I got really sick on Tuesday and haven't been the BEST at fulfilling my goal. Today, after half a day all I consumed was dark chocolate and a navel orange before I could gather enough energy to make it to the grocery store and then cook a meal.
I have made a few "creative" meals. First, I finally made the pasta-less pasta I've been dying to make. Baked a spaghetti squash, bought wholesome tomato sauce and worked in some ground turkey and spinach to make a meal that looks like pasta but isn't!
I apologize for the awful photos?!??! I lost my iphone over break and this is taken with a 3G. Yuck.
The second creative meal also included ground turkey so I may lose points for reusing meat types. But this meal was a recreation of one of my favorite brunch dishes in philly. I love the Day by Day brunch special: two eggs over chorizo and sweet potatoes. Instead of chorizo I used ground turkey, but I added enough spices that the taste was similar to chorizo (secret, paprika).
Finally, I went out last night for a completely different food experience. Clam bake for two at the Oyster House.
| Before |
| After |
No comments:
Post a Comment