Pages

Followers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Morning WODs, BCC and Commitment

Morning Metcon
Yesterday, since I had my BCC meeting with Erin at 9 am, I decided to get to the gym at 8. At 8 am, the class looked something like this.... half asleep...
sammy teaching us the rope climb techniques
So the metcon was this...
3 Rounds
800 m run with a 25 lb plate
3 rope climbs
12 thrusters

With a 25 minute cap, I completed 2 rounds (scaling to 1 rope climb and thrusters at 65 lbs) and the third 800 m run. I was OUT the rest of the day. By 3 pm I had passed out and thank god I magically woke up at 4 - just in time to make it to class. This delirious feeling reminded me of how I felt on Saturday - after completing a similar 26 minute metcon in the morning. I need to remember to ask Erin to help me find a solution to this. I'll be coming to crossfit a lot more often at 8 am and need to be able to function the rest of the day.

BCC
As I mentioned, yesterday was my first meeting with Erin about the 30 day challenge. We set a goal and I learned a little bit about what I need to do. Eat LOTS of protein, pair it with fat, and really really cut back on my carb consumption. My goal for the 30 days is to lose 5 pounds of fat and keep it off! I would like to spend some of the 30 days just keeping this weight off and actually being 5 pounds leaner. Erin said this sounded like a totally doable goal that paleo and modifications in the way I eat and live will help me with big time.

Goals for the Week

  1. Cooking - try new things
    1. I am going to make the "Egg Muffins" for mornings I dont' have time to make breakfast
    2. Lettuce Wraps with ground meat and taco seasoning sounds amazing for an easy lunch
    3. Going to try out a paleo meat loaf for some "emergency protein" I need to keep in my fridge
    4. Kale.
  2. 1 piece of fruit a day. NO bananas
    1. put my bananas in the freezer for later use
  3. Protein at Every meal


 Commitment
I have 1 MILLION pages to read and class later today with the big guy of bioethics. Normally, I'd say, fuck the healthy eating for today - I just don't have time to care. However, in preparing for law school next year, and after hearing horror stories of students dying under a mass of reading and work, I made a resolution to never let my health come second. I've done it before and the next thing you know health is such a low priority that you can't help but focus on how awful you feel all the time. Really counterproductive.

So, I am going to make a MUCH needed trip to the grocery store today and cook my meals and just deal with my reading in the best way I possibly can. The truth is, I do have enough time to get things done and not sacrifice my health. So here's to going grocery shopping today, cooking lettuce wraps for lunch and making it to crossfit at 730.


No comments:

Post a Comment