Wandered into Whole Foods today and without planning to buy anything I walked out with $50 of groceries. They sucked me in. What took me to the brink was this beautiful piece of bison flank steak posing in the meat case. I bought it and didn't know what to do with it.
My mom is the flank/skirt steak master. She has this recipe with ground coffee - so while I stood near the coffee section at whole foods poised to put even more products in my cart, I called her for the recipe. Very simple: marinate the steak in red wine (I used vinegar bc I didn't have wine on hand), rub it ground coffee, and then pan sear it. Squeeze some lime into a cup with cilantro and olive oil and heat this up. Then pour this over your steak. Then eat.
Today, I convinced myself that I'm actually a good cook. My bison was so incredible - I rarely take the time or money to cook something like this for myself. Usually I'm with Dan when I try my more adventurous recipes calling for quality ingredients and involved steps. I decided that although I actually ended up with leftovers (this never happens when I'm eating with dan), the experience is best when shared.
My mom is the flank/skirt steak master. She has this recipe with ground coffee - so while I stood near the coffee section at whole foods poised to put even more products in my cart, I called her for the recipe. Very simple: marinate the steak in red wine (I used vinegar bc I didn't have wine on hand), rub it ground coffee, and then pan sear it. Squeeze some lime into a cup with cilantro and olive oil and heat this up. Then pour this over your steak. Then eat.
Today, I convinced myself that I'm actually a good cook. My bison was so incredible - I rarely take the time or money to cook something like this for myself. Usually I'm with Dan when I try my more adventurous recipes calling for quality ingredients and involved steps. I decided that although I actually ended up with leftovers (this never happens when I'm eating with dan), the experience is best when shared.
| Bison flank steak, ground coffee, lime, cilantro and olive oil |
No comments:
Post a Comment