Home, in Happy Valley and now famous for more than its creamery ice-cream. Oh well.
Last night, my mom made an amazing paleo meal. Harold, a fellow rural state collegian, killed an Elk out west this hunting season. For dinner last night, we ate Harold's game - fresh Elk meat in mushroom sauce and bacon. BACON! Because I ate my usual absurd amount of meat, I decided that it was necessary to make it to crossfit this morning.
A few days ago I emailed the two crossfit affiliates here in State College. From the websites, I determined that Crossfit Nittany was the one that reminded me most of Crossfit Center City. And - they happened to have a workout scheduled for thanksgiving day.
I was there this morning for about an hour and a half. We did a looonggg 3 round metcon
3 round of
25 wall balls
25push presses (45/75)
400 m run
25 kettle bell swings (1/1.5)
25 Double unders (i substituted 75 singles)
I judged the gym correctly - indeed they had a great community feel and everyone was really well spirited. I'm going to go back again tomorrow. Now, I'm ready to eat Turkey and TONS of food later tonight.
Last night, my mom made an amazing paleo meal. Harold, a fellow rural state collegian, killed an Elk out west this hunting season. For dinner last night, we ate Harold's game - fresh Elk meat in mushroom sauce and bacon. BACON! Because I ate my usual absurd amount of meat, I decided that it was necessary to make it to crossfit this morning.
| mmmm Elk loin with nuts and bacon |
A few days ago I emailed the two crossfit affiliates here in State College. From the websites, I determined that Crossfit Nittany was the one that reminded me most of Crossfit Center City. And - they happened to have a workout scheduled for thanksgiving day.
I was there this morning for about an hour and a half. We did a looonggg 3 round metcon
3 round of
25 wall balls
25push presses (45/75)
400 m run
25 kettle bell swings (1/1.5)
25 Double unders (i substituted 75 singles)
I judged the gym correctly - indeed they had a great community feel and everyone was really well spirited. I'm going to go back again tomorrow. Now, I'm ready to eat Turkey and TONS of food later tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment