Every weekend my boyfriend ups the ante in home cooked meals and I'm having trouble keeping up. I'm definitely feeling like the worse cook in this relationship.. but when the consequences are that I get to sit back and enjoy meal after gourmet meal, I can't do too much complaining.
I think for next weekend I'm going to whip out the meatza and see how that fares against... the steak featured below, the egg scramble also pictured and every decadent reduction he's made to accompany our main dish.
One problem is that I am a creature of habit - this means that when I'm in the groove of making cauliflower mash, well I continue to buy and make cauliflower mash until some new idea overtakes that one. Currently I'm trending sweet potato fries, crock pot bbq chicken, cauliflower mash and spinach salad. If you come over for dinner, you will get some combination of the above.
My one contribution to this past weekend was BBQ chicken thigh leftovers - created in a crock pot. I was very ashamed at first because I had accidentally bought bone-in, skin-in chicken thighs and this made for a rich, brothy, messy creation. However, then my boyfriend sent me this article on the chicken thigh, How to BBQ chicken thighs: a guide for people who aren't assholes
But not you. You are cooking bone-in, skin-on, by-God barbecued chicken thighs, and you're doing it on an oversized ashtray full of cheap-shit charcoal, and you are doing this because you know what is good.Ha, "I know what is good"
![]() |
| Herbs right out of the garden - not to self: learn to cook with sage, rosemary and oregano |
![]() |
| delicious |
![]() |
| breakfast |



No comments:
Post a Comment