Pages

Followers

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I miss CFCC and bringing back commitment

a salute to CFCC in photos - I miss my cold fresh mornings with Priscilla and Thai at the old center city gym. We were on a particularly heavy gymnastics cycle at this time - it catered to all of our strengths but at the same time pushed us further in a month than we expected. Such such good memories. I think I got my pull-up, handstand pushup all during this month. Thai worked on his handstand walking... just so much fun. 

He's so much better now
Notice our sparkly matching headbands
learning the rope climb with Sammy- we all look asleep
some difficult squat clean/burpee/pullup WOD

On another note - back in January when I very successfully completed my first paleo challenge I made some very good adjustments to my diet and habits. These were of course all inspired by Erin. But I also  wrote this blog entry at the beginning of the challenge and with law school piling up and stressing me out it is relevant now...
Commitment
I have 1 MILLION pages to read and class later today with the big guy of bioethics. Normally, I'd say, fuck the healthy eating for today - I just don't have time to care. However, in preparing for law school next year, and after hearing horror stories of students dying under a mass of reading and work, I made a resolution to never let my health come second. I've done it before and the next thing you know health is such a low priority that you can't help but focus on how awful you feel all the time. Really counterproductive.

So, I am going to make a MUCH needed trip to the grocery store today and cook my meals and just deal with my reading in the best way I possibly can. The truth is, I do have enough time to get things done and not sacrifice my health. So here's to going grocery shopping today, cooking lettuce wraps for lunch and making it to crossfit at 730.

Soooo rather than continuing this cycle of panic I began just this past weekend (with a writing assignment due) - I am going to revert back to making "health" a priority and going to crossfit and cooking my meals even if that means that I am actually NOT thinking about school for a couple hours everyday.

Workout

Danielle, the owner of Crossfit Balance, coached us today

we did 3 sets of max strict pull-ups (I scaled to a ring row so that  I could do more)
max handstand pushups (kipping allowed)
broad jump

totals: 28 pu, 17 HSPU, (no measuring tape)

then 10 min of sprints alternating 10 of pushups, burpees, air squats

No comments:

Post a Comment