Pages

Followers

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 8: Spaghetti Squash and Goals

My new bad habit is browsing paleo recipes and pinning them to Pinterest. Then!!! I get stuck on Pinterest looking at things I can eat and things I can't eat. Like everything from #paleo salad dressing to ooey gooey peanut butter filled brownies dripping with chocolate over ice-cream and then fried. The stuff on there is ridiculous and the food porn is torture. This is how it makes me feel... 
(p.s. this normally takes place after midnight)



That being said, I have pinned the most incredible recipes recently. One is featured below. The Creamy Avocado and Spinach Chicken Pasta . By "pasta" we mean spaghetti squash.

One question though, I'm wondering if people actually cook the food that they pin to Pinterest or are the recipes part of a fantasy list of something we'll never have much like the fantasy house, clothing, and wedding board that we are all guilty of pinning to. I was just wondering if I'm the only person who pins recipes because I am actually going to cook the stuff in the very near future. In fact, my "avocado brownie" recipe has a due date -Oct 16 - the day this challenge ends and I can once again eat chocolate and sugar. Anyway, just wondering...




Goals
This challenge has felt great so far. I really really was feeling the whole cutting out sugar phenomenon but now I'm adjusting. That's certainly been the biggest difference from pre-challenge eating. Back when I began this, my boyfriend suggested that post challenge I work to maintain at least one healthy habit. I'm still refining what that healthy habit will be but definitely something sugar related. 

I sent this blog to my nutrition coach at crossfit balance. She emailed me back with "an alcohol plan" hahaha. I am grateful. Here is it...

You can have 1 bottle of wine a week.  If you choose to drink it all in one night, then that’s it for the week!  Personally, I’d pick two nights to drink per week, and have 2 glasses per night.  You’ll feel much better for it – I promise!
Honestly, that sounds perfect and it's definitely scaling back from my drinking habits pre challenge. Yay - I'm one week in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment