![]() |
| new shoes finally arrived! |
Thursday night was my night out for the week. I'm proud of myself for not downing a bottle of wine and more or less sticking to my alcohol plan with 2 tequila sodas with lime for the night.
Just a few comments below on community...
Community at CFCC
Just a few months ago I was in Philly crossfitting 5-6 times a week at CFCC. The 4:30 crowd was a fun bunch - we already had half a board of scores up to compete against and for the most part we were really consistent attendees. A good number of the crew were new and I loved seeing them improve. Every once in a while a few veterans would show up - Miller and I would kill it and discuss our woes (her bar studying and my thesis writing).
I was also participating in the May 30 day paleo challenge. I met with Meg, my nutrition coach, every week. I would commiserate with everyone at the gym. And I didn't really know it at the time, but I had the best resources and community at my fingertips. Oh man, and I had so much time.
Here are some things about CFCC and their 30 day challenges that are unmatched.
1) Facebook Group "CFCC EATS"
This group is the best things in the world. It originally started with a few members who participated in the January 30 day challenge. We really cultivated the environment early on where it's okay to post ANYTHING 24 hours a day and since then, the enthusiasm has grown.
This is where you ask questions such as, "Has anyone perfected the MEATZA?", "How do you make broth?" and sometimes you just complain "I swear I just hallucinated the smell of donuts baking in the oven" "My boyfriend is eating a tasty cake"
And the flood of responses and answers, support and advice is immediate.
2) BLOGS
I have a blog and do you see that list of links to your right under "My friends of crossfit and paleo" ? well, those are the blogs of all of my friends at CFCC. Those blogs are where I get food, photo, blogging ideas.
3) Weekly Food Log Meetings
Talk about accountability. Back in January Erin whipped me into shape every week when we met and went over my food log. Too much sugar! More protein! She even scolded me for not being creative enough with my cooking. Oh man, I learned so much.
The point is that sometimes you don't realize how good you have it until it's gone. I'm emailing with my new nutrition coach and she's been really supportive and even read my blog :) I now have a new alcohol plan - I'll outline in my next post.
I'm working on building a community - I'm trying to set up a fb group and see if anyone else keeps a blog. But for now, I'm piggy backing off of cfcc - miss those guys.

No comments:
Post a Comment