Day 1
Goals
Since law school started I've been eating pretty strict paleo, cooking all of my meals (going out on rare occasions), and getting on the scale every so often. I feel like this is a great jumping off point for the next 30 days because I am very aware of exactly what I could improve on and I have a pretty good idea about what the result may be.
Here are "my areas of opportunity." Every so often I'll go a little wild with chocolate - usually I can make the first bar last a few days and then I get sucked into the sugar addiction and devour one bar in one day. Additionally, I'll make random cheat meals, unplanned, and mostly depending on whether I'm in a social situation (for example, I'll "taste" my boyfriend's french fries when we're out, or get a froyo with my girl friends in law school). This problem will be solved simply by embarking on this 30 day challenge. 30 consecutive days without a cheat meal or a chocolate splurge is exactly what I need to feel probably cleaner than I've ever felt before.
I think the result of this cleanse will be that I will be able to reach my 5 lb leaner goal. I know that the way I eat 85% of the time is sustainable because I've been doing it since school started. I think in order to get down to 123 lb, I will need to kick it up a notch for 30 days. I want my "new" weight to be sustainable.
On the workout end, I also want to commit to crossfitting here at crossfit balance. 5 pm seems to work for me. Finally, let's get this weird shoulder kink out of my strict pull-ups and finally do lots of them properly.
just some specifics - back to black coffee (or unsweetened coconut milk)
no chocolate
no sugary bev although coconut water is allowed
do Erin's suggested 1 piece of fruit a day or 1 sweet potato rule
no nuts... (although allowed in this challenge, I really shouldn't) - although if I'm hungry it's suggested that I eat more fat. I think I'll just go with avocados.
Measurements
Weight: 128.7 lb
Email from nutrition coach
Larissa-Glad to have you as part of this challenge!
Your bodyfat comes out to 24.1%. You have 98.3lbs lean mass and 31.2lbs fat mass. Great starting point!
Stay strong w/ this challenge, and lets find out how much progress you can make!
The averages from a chart from American Council of Exercise (for women) are:
Essential Fat: 10-12%
Athletes: 14-20%
Fitness: 21-24%
Acceptable: 25-31%
Overweight: 32% plus
hmmm... 32 lb fat mass. that sounds weird and kind of disconcerting.
Alcohol
So I asked, and this is off limits... then I protested. So we compromised.
My coach said I can make a feasible goal for myself. For example, if I drink 5 days a week, bring it down to 2 or 3. I said, sure, I can do this. Yesterday I made note of how much I drank in one night. My boyfriend and I split 2 bottles of wine and I'd like to say that he probably drank more because he's bigger than me and all, but let's be real now. I totally had a whole bottle to myself.
And where do I go from here? My boyfriend said maybe limit myself to 1 glass a day (but it's not like I drink everyday). Does that mean I can save up glasses and drink 7 at once? Let's start with the 1 glass a day idea. I will most likely have a glass here and there and then maybe 2 on bar review night when I go out. Maybe it will be worth cutting it out completely during the last week.
Logging
I think I'm going to be logging on myplate - i do like getting my protein/fat/carb break down.
Workout
yesterday's metcon
20 rounds
6 lateral burpees
5 V-ups
3 deadlifts (185/225) rxed - No way I was doing that- I was at 115
Finished in 20:03 and may have been the first one done. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment