Pages

Followers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sweet Freedom!

Sweet Freedom
30 days of paleo later!!!! I mean strict paleo - I haven't had ANY gluten, processed anything, not an ounce of dairy for 30 days! I left the gym today pondering what I can reward myself with - the usuals - pizza, starbucks shitty baked goods, froyo didn't sound appealing. It's more than me just wanting to not ruin all this work, it's really that I've rid my body of those awful things and putting them back in sounds gross.

I did stop at sweet freedom bakery to pick up some "vegan (dairy-free, casein-free, egg-free) and gluten-free, but we avoid the use of corn, wheat, peanuts, and soy as well"  baked goods. Even this tasted almost like an overload of sweetness. At the same time, indulging never felt SOO GOOD. Don't worry, I also stopped at whole foods and picked up my paleo groceries for the week :) I'm going to make turkey meatloaf.

Making baked goods as such means using ingredients like this...


Double Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies - $1.45 or $15.95/dozen
Garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, sorghum flour, fava bean flour, cocoa, coconut oil, coconut sugar, chocolate chips (evaporated cane juice, chocolate liquor, non-dairy cocoa butter), unsweetened applesauce, flax meal, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, xanthan gum, baking soda, sea salt




30 Days Later
Where did I end up 30 days later? 5 lbs leaner (and I think I've been keeping this off for maybe the majority of the 30 days - which was my goal: to lose 5 lbs and keep it off). I also lost 1 inch of my waist!! I had trouble believing that! This was just my start - I'm not done, so watch out.

Before
Weight: 130.2 lbs
Waist: 26.75 in

After
Weight 125 lbs
Waist: 25.75 in

No comments:

Post a Comment