On Burpees
Crossfit Games Open began two nights ago at 8 pm when they posted the first WOD. I was expecting some complicated series of movements and MANY squat cleans at 95 lbs (meaning I'd be out already). To my surprise and delight the workout was...
7 min AMRAP of burpees (jumping to touch something 6 in above your reach at the top). Trekked to crossfit at 7 am (!!!) to do this ridiculousness.
The worst part of this workout was looking up and down repeatedly to touch the ring above your head and then lie back down on the ground. By the end we all felt pretty sick to our stomachs. I lost count of my burpees by the time I reached 10 and focused only on getting on the ground and then jumping back up into the air. To my surprise my judge, Brandi, reported that I completed 90 burpees in 7 min! For that morning session, I held the 3rd highest girl score. Joey (incredible crossfitter) completed 101 with the highest female score.
On Fasts
The fast experiment went REALLY well. That day at crossfit we did Mindy (3 strict HSPU, 6 strict pull-ups and 9 one legged squats). I was so worried I'd get that lightheaded feeling and completely lose all my strength. Miraculously, this did not happen. I completed the workout with a ton of energy and felt bursts afterward rather than a drain. I went to the noon session so this was right in the middle of my fast...
I've been great since. I haven't had any chocolate (although I still want it ALL the time). My weight hasn't really changed but it's only been a few days and I guess I'm just happy it hasn't gone up.
Crossfit Games Open began two nights ago at 8 pm when they posted the first WOD. I was expecting some complicated series of movements and MANY squat cleans at 95 lbs (meaning I'd be out already). To my surprise and delight the workout was...
7 min AMRAP of burpees (jumping to touch something 6 in above your reach at the top). Trekked to crossfit at 7 am (!!!) to do this ridiculousness.
![]() |
| There I am in the black shorts completing my burpee by jumping to touch the ring above me |
On Fasts
The fast experiment went REALLY well. That day at crossfit we did Mindy (3 strict HSPU, 6 strict pull-ups and 9 one legged squats). I was so worried I'd get that lightheaded feeling and completely lose all my strength. Miraculously, this did not happen. I completed the workout with a ton of energy and felt bursts afterward rather than a drain. I went to the noon session so this was right in the middle of my fast...
I've been great since. I haven't had any chocolate (although I still want it ALL the time). My weight hasn't really changed but it's only been a few days and I guess I'm just happy it hasn't gone up.

No comments:
Post a Comment