Friday night and saturday night I really lucked out with philly restaurants. I ate at Village Whiskey on Friday and Barbuzzo on Saturday - both maintain a 2-3 hour wait on the weekends. I put the work into Village Whiskey, putting my name down on the long list at 7 pm for a 9 pm table. Barbuzzo was more of a shot in the dark - we walked in and miraculously got a table because another party was 15 minutes late for their reservation. Every subsequent group was turned away because the wait was 3 hours long!! YESSS
 |
| short ribs |
 |
| sauteed collard greens |
 |
| octopus and calamari |
 |
| pork |
 |
| beet salad with greens |
I decided, once this was all over, that I need to maintain some sort of goal for every week. Otherwise, my whole eating schedule goes out of whack. as I said, I really made 1 million excuses to eat a bar of chocolate every day this past week. It was miserable - I felt absolutely awful by this weekend and my weight had gone up. no bueno.
Anyway, sugar is the number one killer. So today, even though I had a crossfit paleo potluck, I was determined to stay away from sweet potatoes, dessert, sugar etc. I even resisted the array of sweet freedom bakery items someone brought. I ALREADY feel sooo much better!
So Goals
1. no chocolate
2. more fish! I realized that I really don't eat enough fish in my diet.
3. Finally, some of the girls on the 30 day challenge were instructed to fast for 24 hours - they wrote that it was a good way to stave off sugar cravings. I might try this at some point this week. I really gotta get my body off of its sugar cravings. The Worst. (will research this whole idea a bit more)
all that food looks amaaazziinnggg!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou got me all inspired to make bone broth and do 24 hour fasts!
FWIW, that sweet freedom stuff was totally Jim's fault. I'd never even heard of the place until he mentioned it when we were training on Friday. :) Nice job avoiding it.
ReplyDeleteThe 24 hour fasts work well. Not sure if you've read the PDF from this page: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting. It's very informative.
Blogspot though, sigh...
haha thanks for the comments guys -
ReplyDeleteChecked out the info on 24 fasts and am definitely going to give it a try sometime this week. That's convenient I can modify it to different intervals depending on what works for me. So far so good today with the sweets - and yes, resisting the sweet freedom bakery items was killer! Although I think you made a bunch of other people very happy, Nat
lol - this blog was never really meant to become too sophisticated