It's a good sign when you walk by the giant table labeled "SWEETS" at Trader Joe's and don't feel the desire to slam one of those pies in your face. I would go as far as to say that those desserts looked unappetizing. I think I've finally cleansed my system of sugar. Crap, that took a long time!
Here is my "go big or go home" post from the last challenge in January. I considered that challenge very successful. That post, however, reveals that I was still craving cupcakes one week away from the end of my 30 days. I also noted that I only cut out dark chocolate for the last week of my challenge. Maybe cutting out chocolate for this entire challenge has had a better effect on me - here I am, 1 week away from the finish line and feeling awesome without chocolate, cupcakes and the like.
![]() |
| Charred veggies for my pork crock pot creation |
![]() |
| Amazing to have my boyfriend here in DC again. |
Now, for the homestretch. The next time I see my boyfriend I will have completed my first law school exam and 30 days of paleo. This week is one long and tedious stretch but you might as well go big.
once again I'm out of groceries and I just don't foresee a good amount of time dedicated to cooking and grocery shopping this week. I have a midterm looming, a huge writing assignment and citations practices looming further ahead, and just the steady grind of reading that I CANNOT fall behind on. I will have to come up with a few easy meals to make the week and finish this challenge with a bang - super cleansed.
Biggest accomplishment so far: I have had NO CHOCOLATE in almost a month now! I also haven't had any gluten/gain product and for the past week I haven't had any nuts! My sugar is now limited solely to sweet potato and fruit (usually just an apple) - and only one serving a day. I have no idea how much I weigh right now but I am noticing that my clothing is fitting more nicely.
My Rewards:
Post Midterm Exam
Wednesday I am planning to spend the day in my beloved Philly and go shopping shopping shopping. I cannot wait to buy a new pair of jeans for the fall.
On Wednesday night my boyfriend and our mutual friend (aka matchmaker) are going out for sushi!!! YESSS. (I'm a little worried about all the added sauces etc. affecting my stomach but I'll try to pick more simple rolls)
Finally, I want to eat some froyo - preferably pinkberry.
Okay - currently in the library and back to studying...



No comments:
Post a Comment