So close to the end but it's making me re-evaluate "the end"
I've felt especially good this week. My senses are heightened - everything tastes so good. My sweet potatoes taste like candy. My ground turkey with mushrooms and onion tastes flavorful and juicy. I also feel good performance-wise. I no longer have those mid-afternoon sugar lows and I'm not feeling sluggish at crossfit. Yesterday I was able to do an entire workout including unassisted chest to bar pull-ups. You know I'm doing well when I'm flying through my chest to bar pull-ups.
I'm also feeling good on the aesthetic/physical front. I don't think I look as good as I could possibly look but I am having some fun with my clothing. I've reintroduced some articles back into my repertoire. And, while many people in law school are looking more and more run down and less and less in shape - I can confidently say I am not sliding into that pattern.
![]() |
| from my brother in chicago: matcha green tea (magic cure for colds) |
![]() |
| from Thai's kitchen: sweet potato, guac, cauliflower rice, salmon with salsa |
That is not to say that I don't feel a little run down today. I am so tired. Today is a test of my will power because all I want is a bar of chocolate and my bed - maybe one of those pumpkins muffins I've been seeing EVERYWHERE. (it's not the sugar it's just the convenience of grabbing something easy and yummy that entices me). I would be just as happy with a sweet potato and some crock pot chicken but I have to jump through so many hoops before I can make that happen a) need to get groceries b) need to cook c) need to stay awake while completing a and b.
Anyway - I'm not worried because I have the support of my boyfriend, thai, PZ, and my law school friends to help me make it to the end of this challenge. Oh yeah, about the end.
I need to figure out what i'm going to do with myself, sugar, chocolate, alcohol, nuts, cheats (everything I've cut out for the past 30 days).


No comments:
Post a Comment