Pages

Followers

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The end of breaking and baking

Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.
I had my fun this past weekend - it was fall break for me and the end of my 30 day challenge so the two combined made for a lot of celebrating. I spent most of fall break in Philly except for one night in Chicago celebrating George's 22nd birthday. I realized that my life (aside from law school) is in Philly. I got to experience everything I miss here in DC - crossfitting at CFCC, eating gluten free food at Pure Fare, shopping at Lulu, spending evenings with my boyfriend, seeing my grandparents, and catching up with the rest of my Philly community.


dangerous shopping duo
Finally a night out to dinner in DC for tapas at Boqueria
This was the worst - this chocolate cake is NOT paleo
My nutrition coach recommended that I continue the challenge until Thanksgiving. She said that for women 30 day of paleo is not always enough - we need more time to achieve the best results. I found this inspiring - if she thinks I can do it then I think I can do it. It is of course harder for me to be strict when I'm not on an official challenge but unless I limit my sugar intake I don't see the kind of results I want.

feast with Thai at Pure Fare after saturday morning crossfit
Paleo pumpkin bars from Elena's Pantry

No comments:

Post a Comment