Pages

Followers

Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 16: I am amazing and half way notes

First, let me tell you about how I became a gourmet chef over night. 
Step 1: spent too much time researching paleo friendly recipes on Pinterest. 
Step 2: found this guy 
Step 3: made one of his dishes
Step 4: pinned, tweeted, facebooked, emailed and texted about my creation but made sure to eat it all by myself
this is what it's supposed to look like


I made something that looks like this! It's so close that I deserve props but would not win master chef


fish turns out the softest tastiest thing in the world
Here are a few more "treats!"
rare NY strip steak made under the broiler


Cauliflower roasted in BACON FAT

love how steak continues to "cook" even after you take it off the heat
NOTES

Half way through here are a few thoughts

1) Sugar
Yes, I feel like I've let this creep back in. I was craving SO HARD last week - and continue to - so I let myself indulge in well those pumpkin muffins and I had a Lara bar 2 days last week and this morning. That is no good and now that I'm on day 16 I can refocus for the last two weeks of this challenge. I have to consciously think about 1 piece of fruit or 1 sweet potato a day. No Lara bars (I HAVE NOT HAD A  SINGLE PIECE OF CHOCOLATE THIS WHOLE TIME!!!) I can definitely be proud of that.

2) Breakfast
this is usually when things become problematic: your boyfriend visits and eats all your groceries :)
haha jk - but seriously I found myself without groceries this past weekend and that always makes paleo infinitely harder. It's important to start my day off with a proper breakfast (not a Lara bar). Thus, I bought my fav chicken sausage and eggs this evening and will be paying attention to breakfasts for the last two weeks of this challenge.

3) should I step it up with anything?
uhmmm. I already haven't been eating chocolate. I am already limiting to 1 piece of carb a day. I mostly eat chicken (lean meats). I will TOY with the idea of eliminating alcohol the last week. I will, after all, be studying. But for now, I have a lot on my plate and a very strict plan outlined for myself. I think maybe it's best I just focus on sticking to it. I haven't had any problems seeing results from being good about these things specifically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment