Really want to show off the final product of my paleo german chocolate birthday cake. It was delicious but also so ugly (the icing started melting all over the place and dripping off the cake), that my mom had to douse the entire cake in coconut shavings to cover the thing.
It was so delicious that even the initial paleo, gluten-free haters caved and said they loved it.
 |
| paleo german chocolate cake |
 |
| Me as the birthday girl during our giant family celebration |
My birthday week almost marked the last week of my summer bliss - it was topped off with a one night trip to NYC. Four of us galavanted all over the city - from the meat packing district for dinner to central park the next day to climb trees, play football and watch the sailboats.
 |
| Dinner at the Standard |
 |
| smiles and happy |
And that brings me here - to this week of thesis writing and the weeks that will follow. Thai and I keep running into each other at Pure Fare - we splurged on this meal for the two of us post crossfit. I also caught thai with a bar of dark chocolate and decided to buy my own.
I'm still not cooking as much as I would like - but Pure Fare, Sweetgreen and Grocery keep me going. I want to cook a large crock pot meal for the week to come. There is no better way to feed myself now that I'm back to a busy schedule. Just got a call from my advisor and a pile of reading. yay
.JPG) |
| salmon wasabi, salmon with veggies and cauliflower rice curry |
No comments:
Post a Comment