Pages

Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Holy Crossfit Nittany and Birthday

Today we high cleaned the bar. I worked up to 73 lb. Light I know but high cleaning it like without any dip or anything. I stayed at this weight for the metcon hang cleans. Honestly, I've never really done hang cleans so today they felt awkward at first. As usual, the metcon straightened me out and had them feeling VERY familiar by the end.

That's what I love about crossfit nittany - they will throw in the right movements (and good number of reps) into the metcons. I'll end the day feeling a lot more comfortable with squat cleans, deadlifts etc.

If I had thought that today's workout wasn't hard enough... here's the one for tomorrow


4 rounds for working time
run 200m
20 C2B pullups
20 front squats (95/65)
  
a) I really really don't like chest to bar pull-ups. I don't think I can do them without a band?! embarrassing. 

b) 4 rounds

c) Crossfit Nittany loves pairing everything with a run. I will be exhausted. I can't wait.


It's my Birthday on Wednesday


I decided to stay in State College for my birthday so I'll be spending the day crossfitting, cooking, and throwing a party with my family.


I decided that I want to make this paleo cake
German Chocolate Cake



Last year, one of my birthday presents was my first month's membership to crossfit center city. This year, june 20th not only marks the day I turn 24 but also my 1 year crossfit anniversary.

It's fun to look back at how different everything was a year ago. I'm also proud of myself for sticking with crossfit consistently for an entire year. I hardly let a few days go by without entering the gym. I probably never took an entire week off this whole year except for maybe when I was away in Turks&Caicos.

That's looking back. Looking forward I still have tweaks to make and that's mainly with my diet. I'd like to get more comfortable with paleo in this upcoming year. Learn to make myself meals for the week and manage eating as well as stress and my time. They all go hand in hand - often I let one get the others completely out of whack.

I've also let myself hit a nice cushy spot with crossfit :) I got so good so quickly. some gymnasticsy movements came so easily to me. But the movements I have to work harder on, I sometimes feel like I've hit the wall with them. Crossfit Nittany is helping me push myself further, but I need to get out of my comfort zone at CFCC. I think being more consistent with my diet will help and I think these few days xfitting at home will help reset me.

It's been a fantastic year. Lots and lots of changes and they were all for the better. I'm stronger, leaner, and happier. I am surrounded by inspiring, amazing people, invaluable and supportive communities, and I've strengthened/formed friendships that will last me forever. I've also gained confidence and look forward to continuing along this path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment