Thrusters are a complex movement involving a clean, a squat and a push press. Those three separate movements comprise one thruster (the clean is only necessary to get the bar to your shoulders for the first thruster). Thrusters are tiring as hell because the motion requires strength from what feels like every part of your body. I just did 90 thrusters and I'm having trouble commanding my fingers to type out this post.
Today's WOD
"Kalsu"
100 thrusters and 5 burpees on every minute
That means that every 60 seconds you had to get down and complete 5 burpees before going onto your next thruster. In 20 minutes I completed 90 thrusters and a total of 100 burpees. I could have kept going and completed the workout but I felt too sick to go on.
On another note, I'm dying to write a "what crossfit does for you" post but I'm waiting until I have everything I want to say expressed properly. One great thing about crossfit, that I've been thinking about recently, is that no one can ever take it away from you. It's not a degree or a grade, it's more internal. It's not fleeting like a prize or a compliment, it's more permanent. It's relevant for the most basic purposes, like health and survival, but also relevant for superficial purposes like looking good in heels and a dress. It's like if you strip the world of all of its social constructs you still have crossfit as a physical, mental and emotional achievement. That makes it such a pure activity, free from what the outside world trends as good at the moment. It's never a bad thing to be able to pull or push your own body weight around.
Today's WOD
"Kalsu"
100 thrusters and 5 burpees on every minute
That means that every 60 seconds you had to get down and complete 5 burpees before going onto your next thruster. In 20 minutes I completed 90 thrusters and a total of 100 burpees. I could have kept going and completed the workout but I felt too sick to go on.
On another note, I'm dying to write a "what crossfit does for you" post but I'm waiting until I have everything I want to say expressed properly. One great thing about crossfit, that I've been thinking about recently, is that no one can ever take it away from you. It's not a degree or a grade, it's more internal. It's not fleeting like a prize or a compliment, it's more permanent. It's relevant for the most basic purposes, like health and survival, but also relevant for superficial purposes like looking good in heels and a dress. It's like if you strip the world of all of its social constructs you still have crossfit as a physical, mental and emotional achievement. That makes it such a pure activity, free from what the outside world trends as good at the moment. It's never a bad thing to be able to pull or push your own body weight around.
No comments:
Post a Comment