One of my law school applications asked me to talk about a time I failed and what I learned. I talked about some grade or other at Hopkins - but what I learned is encompassed in my daily workouts at Crossfit. I now know that a "failed attempt"can turn into a successful attempt after a few adjustments are made. On Monday, after squat cleaning 90 pounds I just couldn't or wouldn't get under the bar at 95 lbs. I felt myself jump away in fear. On my third attempt I was determined to get my elbows under the bar and I did. The bar ended up falling forward but now I know what it feels like to get under it. I like the concept of a "good fail" - it's one of the stepping stones towards successfully completing a movement and it makes you stronger.
This past weekend was rough - as in getting through a few dinner parties and adhering to strict paleo was pretty difficult. But, I did it.
On Monday I got under 95 lbs and completed "Grace" (30 squat cleans) using a 75 lb barbell. I've been doing all my metcons with 65 lbs. Then on Tuesday, I finally got the "dip" part of my assisted muscle up, and I completed the metcon doing power cleans at 80 lbs. WOw. I used a mini band to complete 9,7,5 reps of strict pull-ups but Miller encouraged me to try body weight pull-ups next time. Guess I'm looking pretty strong or something.
This past weekend was rough - as in getting through a few dinner parties and adhering to strict paleo was pretty difficult. But, I did it.
On Monday I got under 95 lbs and completed "Grace" (30 squat cleans) using a 75 lb barbell. I've been doing all my metcons with 65 lbs. Then on Tuesday, I finally got the "dip" part of my assisted muscle up, and I completed the metcon doing power cleans at 80 lbs. WOw. I used a mini band to complete 9,7,5 reps of strict pull-ups but Miller encouraged me to try body weight pull-ups next time. Guess I'm looking pretty strong or something.
| sweetgreen salad |
No comments:
Post a Comment