Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter weekend paleo strong

Friday WOD and Thursday PR
On Thursday at Crossfit Foggy Bottom we did hang cleans and I reached a hang clean PR of 100 lb rep of 2!  (my overall clean PR is 104 ).

On Friday I had my bf join me at my new crossfit gym location. I was happy with his ability to adapt to the crossfit workout and environment - deadlifting over 350 lb and completing full range of motion handstand pushups :) he showed me up.

Deadlifts 145 x3 (eek I haven't done these in forever)
HSPU (hands and feet on a box, full range of motion, sets of 3)

Metcon
7 rounds
5 single leg squats (assisted)
5 pull-ups (strict with a light band)
5 inch worms

Time: 10:58

Easter Weekend
I know haven't broadcast this here, but I am on day 13 of a strict 30 days of paleo. This time around I am being super strict. I am seeing the effects on my performance already with my hang clean PR this past week.

This weekend my parents were in town and I got treated to a dinner out. Afterwards, however, I treated everyone to a paleo dessert "chocolate mousse"-  cocoa (unsweetened), coconut milk, and dates put through a food processor.

This upcoming week is going to be... has the potential to be pretty stressful so I'm happy I have the food thing under control because I don't need to add any stressors to my life. Eating paleo adds consistency and ease to my schedule because I don't have to worry about what I am or am not eating - just eat paleo and I will feel good.

Making breakfast
Special breakfast treat of sweet potato hash with baked egg http://itspaleo.com/recipe/free-recipe/Breakfast/mexican-hash-egg-bake-+/654/index.html

Classy at the Kennedy Center to see the NSO
On the National Mall with my family

2 comments:

  1. Larissa,
    Just came across your blog this evening and I have no idea how I missed it all this time. Thanks a million for the great CrossFit Nittany talk. Yes, you are absolutely a member of our community/family and we love having you around. It is always great to have another committed, headstrong (see Woskob in the dictionary) athlete in the box to push us all........ I'm sure I'll see you sometime soon.

    All the best........ Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brad!
    So happy to hear that you found my blog :)
    Yes, I write about my experiences at crossfit Nittany - and I do feel at home/love it there! Hopefully I'll see you again soon! classes here end in a month and I should be making a trip back home.

    Best
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete