Pages

Followers

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blog worthy food

I belong to 5 gyms.... I can workout at the GW student gym, the crossfit balance gym at thomas circle, the crossfit balance gym at foggy bottom, the regular balance gym, and my gym in my apartment complex. Is that excessive?

Speaking of crossfit gyms, I  tried out the foggy bottom location today and fell in love. It reminds me of CFCC when the gym was still located in the awkward oblong shaped space on 13th street. Our workouts were overcrowded and we didn't have any fancy equipment. That is what crossfit is ALL about - "ready for anything" right?

Finally, I felt like I received the personalized attention from my coaches and the comaraderie from my peers that I always expected from a Crossfit workout. Additionally, the best part of working in a small space is that a lot of the movements end up being body weight workouts. My cousins's husband calls them "prison workouts." I've found that nothing gets me in better shape than using my own body weight and the constraints of a small space to work my body towards its optimal performance.

Okay enough of that. Below are photos of food that my boyfriend and I made together this past weekend. I love so much that we can eat paleo together.

Recipes
stuffed mushrooms -  http://nomnompaleo.com/post/6376896810/sausage-and-spinach-stuffed-portobello-mushrooms
sugar-free apple bites - http://eattoperform.com/2013/03/17/how-crossfit-athletes-should-do-a-calorie-deficit/

Finally, I recently found this blog and it is amazing. I will probably write a separate post about protein, carb and fat intake for weight loss. My preview is that I LOVE the scientific and exact approach of this blog writer. Body composition is something that can be easily messed with. More on this soon...
"How a Crossfit Athletes Should Approach a Calorie Deficit"
http://eattoperform.com/2013/03/17/how-crossfit-athletes-should-do-a-calorie-deficit/

stuffed portobello mushrooms from nom nom paleo
breakfast: "kitchen sink" pretty much everything 
boyfriend's famous burgers: bunless burger with fried egg, guacamole and salsa
my treat to myself recipe from omgpaleo
burger 

No comments:

Post a Comment