Pages

Followers

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 10: skirt steak

Nina's Skirt Steak Recipe
1 pound skirt steak
coffee grinds
coarse salt
red wine
coconut oil or olive oil

sauce
lemon
olive oil
garlic
cilantro
salt, pepper
wine

1. Put the oven on broil
2. Rub the skirt steak in coarse salt and ground coffee. Don't overdo it. (see photo below). Add wine and olive oil or coconut oil. (I just melted the coconut oil and poured it on the steak once it was laying flat on the pan.
3. Depending on the thickness the time in the oven may vary. I had this very thin steak in there for only 2 minutes and I never flipped it. It was done perfectly.
4. For the sauce mix all the ingredients and pour over the steak as soon as it comes out of the oven.

This is my mom's recipe. Her signature mark is making alcohol an ingredient in every component of a dish. She even washes her meat in vodka. I was worried that the dish wouldn't turn out nearly as good as I remember her's tasting. To my surprise, the steak was delicious and cooked perfectly.


End result
right out of the oven
sweet potato fries
Max liked my boyfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment