About to start work for the evening after having a day of health. I attended noon crossfit where we Jerked and rowed. Here's the workout - please don't judge my numbers. Today is the first day back at the gym after a few weeks off and a few months of inconsistency. From today on, I'm back at the gym on a regular basis.
Jerk 1rep max at 85 lb
3x on every minute for 10 min @ 65 lb
Row 3 min (706 m) rest 2 min; Row 3 min (664 m) rest 3 min; Row 3 min (669)
I got home after the gym and had a piece of leftover frittata and then leftover steak and green beans for dinner. My body feels nourished and goooood.
I may have fallen pretty far off the paleo wagon last week but my bf has been going strong! He's cutting out nuts for the last 2 weeks of the challenge and he also decided to extend the challenge to 40 days. He's already looking so so good and his view of the world is changing. Everyone who has done a paleo challenge starts looking at sugar differently, restaurants differently, food advertisements differently. 30 days of paleo turns you into an advocate whether you like it or not. Now, at least my bf will understand why sometimes all I talk about is crossfit and paleo.
For Valentine's Day I made us a dinner, pictured below, of shrimp coconutmilk masala and a beet salad. Then for dessert I used coconut milk, an ice-cream maker, egg yolk, unsweetened cocopowder and bananas to make paleo ice-cream! My bf returned the favor on Saturday night by making steak, pork belly, frittata and green beans. By the end of the weekend I was a well fed girl.
 |
| steak in wine reduction |
 |
| pork belly |
 |
| frittata with spinach, bacon, onion and mozzerella |
Reflection
Last year on Valentine's Day I had a girls' night with friends from school. We ate lots of candy, cheese and chocolate but I was feeling good because I had just ended really strong with CFCC's 30 day challenge. During that challenge I learned about paleo for the first time from a CFCC coach. Erin met with me every week and helped me get my body in top performing form. I had body weight movements down like a champ and I was gaining experience with weight lifting movements.
 |
| valentine's day 2012: Mad men themed party |
Today, I am feeling more like I am working against my body than nourishing and helping my body. I sit all day and read, I don't walk more than a few blocks to the law school and I do not cook enough of my meals. Thank god the body is a resilient thing otherwise I'm pretty sure mine would just give out on me.
Last week I toyed with the idea of ending my crossfit membership. What was I thinking! Today at the gym my sense of purpose was renewed. I go to crossfit for mental and physical health. Crossfit is what restored my confidence last year; and now it's more important than ever that I maintain confidence, and mental and physical health. Plus, thai and priscilla would give me the HARDEST time. ha.
There is no reason I should not feel the way I did at this time last year. At the peak of my body's performance and so excited about everything.
2013 Valentine's Day Dinner
 |
| chocolate coconut milk ice-cream |
 |
| My Valentine's Day table |
 |
| shrimp coconut milk masala with crispy spinach |
No comments:
Post a Comment