Pages

Followers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Strong Egg Muffins

I'm kind of strong right now - kind of unexpectedly scary strong

This is what finally convinced me that my few extra relentless pounds may be muscle. 
On Monday I back squatted for the first time since... the fall?
I went into the workout telling my coach, Erin, that my max was 135. "No it's not. no way." was her answer. I was like... okay - Erin always expects the most from me.

Anyway, she was right. I back squatted 145 for 3 and could have done more. I saved my energy for the metcon, however: 2 attempts at max 20 back squats

Erin told me to go for 120 - I laughed a little on the inside but went with it. 20 back squats later I was shocked. In disbelief that I had just completed those reps.

Workout log as of late:
Today Clean & Jerk new PR: 104 lb
Deadlift: 175 x3


Food
egg muffin batter 

baked egg muffins with bacon and spinach


easy dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment