Pages

Followers

Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 14: The Real Challenge

The Real Challenge
I met with Meghan this past weekend and all was well except one thing. After viewing my food log from this past weekend at the lake Meghan decided it was best that I continue the challenge without alcohol. hahaha

Honestly, I think this is great and necessary. I feel my intense weekends of drinking holding back my progress. So with Meghan's help I began my alcoholess journey starting with last night's graduation reception. This was especially difficult because I had been looking forward to it - the free wine, my friends, my parents. Those of you who know my family know that NOT drinking around my parents is one of the harder things to do. So last night at this reception, my parents and friends were helping themselves to free wine while I sipped on my Perrier and lime. yum.

Oh and get this, around 11 pm after resisting all evening, we go back to my parents' hotel and they whip out the dark chocolate. I almost died. Nevertheless i made it through the freaking evening.

Tonight, Priscilla, Thai and our families are heading to Alma de Cuba for a giant dinner. Tonight is going to be a bit easier because I'll have Priscilla to keep me company and Meghan already helped us pick-out paleo friendly options on the menu

http://www.almadecubarestaurant.com/pdf/glutenFree.pdf

Fran
I asked my parents to come watch me complete "Fran" in today's session. I didn't cut off as much time as I had hoped. I was feeling a little weak this morning.

Previous time: 8:55
Today's time: 8:01

I completed all 21 thrusters unbroken, and then 10 pullups unbroken and I think the next 5/6
The 15 thrusters really got me. I broke this up maybe into 2 or 3 parts? and then Sammy made me go back and repeat the last one to lock out my arms completely
I was winded and drained by the end, only able to do a few pull-ups at a time. Fran's never really felt like an endurance thing before. Usually my strength or ability to do pull-ups would hold me back. Today, it was all about my endurance and I just didn't have it.

Food as of Late


giant breakfast - yes, this is breakfast

Delicious lamb burgers for dinner with mint 

grilling the lamb burgers

steak and egg breakfast out

sweet potato



No comments:

Post a Comment