Two nights ago I spent the evening with my family, Priscilla and her family celebrating our graduation. I resisted like 98876 open bars and stayed up till 2 am. My parents called the following morning and woke me up. It was 8:30 am. This was yesterday.
I was exhausted the rest of the day. Around noon I started having serious sugar cravings (unlike anything I've experienced this challenge so far). I went out and bought almond butter, ate about half a jar for dinner, and felt tired and moody all day long.
I went to bed early and woke-up today after about 12 hours of sleep! Immediately I felt the difference of getting an abundance of sleep to being sleep deprived. I was more energetic, craving "real food" rather than sugar, and in a much much better mood.
I'm not crazy about this podcast so far but listening to it - on sleep - http://www.radiolab.org/2007/may/24/
Additionally, today everything felt and tasted amazing. The weather had me craving citrusy, fresh summer salads. I attended 11am crossfit session and then walked to Trader Joe's for fresh summer salad ingredients...
This was the salad..
One of my goals for this challenge was working on mood and cravings. Sleep seems like a good way to start.
I was exhausted the rest of the day. Around noon I started having serious sugar cravings (unlike anything I've experienced this challenge so far). I went out and bought almond butter, ate about half a jar for dinner, and felt tired and moody all day long.
I went to bed early and woke-up today after about 12 hours of sleep! Immediately I felt the difference of getting an abundance of sleep to being sleep deprived. I was more energetic, craving "real food" rather than sugar, and in a much much better mood.
I'm not crazy about this podcast so far but listening to it - on sleep - http://www.radiolab.org/2007/may/24/
Additionally, today everything felt and tasted amazing. The weather had me craving citrusy, fresh summer salads. I attended 11am crossfit session and then walked to Trader Joe's for fresh summer salad ingredients...
This was the salad..
![]() |
| salmon grilled on my foreman, guacamole, tomato, sprouts over lettuce |
One of my goals for this challenge was working on mood and cravings. Sleep seems like a good way to start.

No comments:
Post a Comment