Pages

Followers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Cauliflower Rice

It's fish taco season - last summer when I was making this dish on the regular I was still eating rice, tortillas and beans. This season, eating paleo is forcing me to modify my recipe.

1) Cauliflower Rice - I got this idea from my bible cookbook Make It Paleo. They use cauliflower as a rice substitute for sushi. I food processed the cauliflower and then steamed/sauteed it with red pepper, olive oil and cilantro. It may have been better to steam the cauliflower first and then put it through the processor  - in any case, I created the right texture and taste.

2) homemade guacamole - I love my guac simple. Avocado, plenty of lime juice, cilantro (and Irina taught me to add a dash of balsamic vinegar)

3) Finally, I marinated TJs mahi mahi with olive oil, bit of lime, cilantro and salsa. I cut the mahi mahi up into little pieces and put them on the foreman grill for about 1 min. 

4) Instead of using a tortilla I used the very paleo lettuce wrap




Workout

I've spent the past couple of days running rather than crossfitting. On friday I felt like my shoulder was going to tear out of its socket so I decided to skip out on the 21-15-9 kipping pull-ups in "Fran." This weekend I kind of just never made it to the crossfit gym. Luckily, I did find the motivation to run down the Schuylkill past the row houses to "the statues."  They are my mark for a 5.5 mile run. 

Today I'm heading to the gym for another backsquat workout... Last week 145x3 made me feel like a backsquatting monster. I can't imagine this movement is doing any wonders for my already endowed behind but I guess I might as well put what nature gave me to good use. Meghan said I might be able to get a 200 lb back squat by the end of the summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment