Here are my final numbers from the 30 day food reboot. I lost 3.5 lbs and cut 2 minutes off of my benchmark WOD. I think the way I cut 2 minutes off (by switching from doing morning glories to doing actual back extensions) is the most impressive accomplishment. I could barely do a back extension when the challenge began. For the record, "Michael" is 3 rounds of 800m run, 50 back extensions, 50 sit-ups.
All in all the challenge was very successful and so was my improvement in performance. My pull-ups are getting better in that I can do at least one without pulling my one shoulder out of its socket. It's a bad habit I got into in order to knock out strict bodyweight pull-ups. I also reached an old dead-lift 3 rep max yesterday and it felt easy.
ALSO!!! I got my first bar muscle-up using a band! I know I was using a band - but still! I used a light band, kipped and hoisted my whole body up onto the bar. That felt pretty fantastic.
Today, I am "working from home" because there is no one in the office and they told me not to come in. It felt so good to wake-up and make myself breakfast (pictured below). Now I'm sitting on my computer enjoying that I can actually see the outside - my office at work does not have windows. I'm pretty sure windowless offices can make a person crazy. There is music coming in from the outside - it sounds like a band set-up to play somewhere on the lawn outside my apartment building. I hear a saxophone and a soul singer.
Work ends in one week and I am looking forward to having a summer again before school, aka hell, starts again.
All in all the challenge was very successful and so was my improvement in performance. My pull-ups are getting better in that I can do at least one without pulling my one shoulder out of its socket. It's a bad habit I got into in order to knock out strict bodyweight pull-ups. I also reached an old dead-lift 3 rep max yesterday and it felt easy.
ALSO!!! I got my first bar muscle-up using a band! I know I was using a band - but still! I used a light band, kipped and hoisted my whole body up onto the bar. That felt pretty fantastic.
Today, I am "working from home" because there is no one in the office and they told me not to come in. It felt so good to wake-up and make myself breakfast (pictured below). Now I'm sitting on my computer enjoying that I can actually see the outside - my office at work does not have windows. I'm pretty sure windowless offices can make a person crazy. There is music coming in from the outside - it sounds like a band set-up to play somewhere on the lawn outside my apartment building. I hear a saxophone and a soul singer.
Work ends in one week and I am looking forward to having a summer again before school, aka hell, starts again.



No comments:
Post a Comment