Pages

Followers

Friday, January 25, 2013

Commit to 30 days of paleo and bring a friend

Last weekend my boyfriend and I indulged in Philly's finest food culture. Saturday night, we drank sake and ate sushi, pork belly, lobster and duck at Morimoto. On Sunday, we ate several dishes including octopus and bone marrow at Barbuzzo, which was my recommendation. Then we hopped over to DC.

In DC we ate French. I had mussels, calamari and a grilled romaine salad. My boyfriend had steak frites. And then we both had generous servings of Pinkberry.

Maybe it's not best to make long term commitments under the influence of too much sugar and overly rich foods, but on wednesday we decided that we were going to commit to 30 days of paleo. Both of my gyms (because I still consider myself a cfccer) just started their challenges. I'm just joining the bandwagon.

I'm really excited for two mains reasons. One, I need to clean up my eating so so badly. I have been eating whatever I want recently without qualms. That means that my body doesn't even know the difference between good and bad food anymore because it's so polluted. Two, I am excited because I finally finally influenced my boyfriend to join me. Everyone eventually gives in :) What I mean is, the year and a half I've been on Paleo, I have seen the people around me join in and ask me for advice. I love it. Now, I have someone very close to me get past some pride and want to make a change for the better. I am also happy to have someone around motivating me. It's so much easier when people are in this together.

That being said, here are the beginning measurements. ah, I realized that we forgot to take measuring tape measurements! Those are the best - will get those.

Me: 130.5 lb
Bf: 255.1 lb

My goals: Ugh I need to crossfit more!!! feel clean.
can't get enough Pinkberry
Octopus at Barbuzzo

Bone marrow at Barbuzzo
Pork Belly at Morimoto
Happy and well fed at Morimoto before seeing the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment