Pages

Followers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy 1 year and scheduling a work day


My new summer schedule is making it to work at 830am, crossfit at 530pm and bed around 1130. Push511, my new box, and my new job are draining. The job is basically 8 hours of intense research and crossfit is 20+ minutes of metcon work. What is up with that programming? I really miss big lifts and strict pull-ups. Crossfit Foggy Bottom, which I discovered the last two months in DC, is amazing and I can't wait to be back there at the end of August. Otherwise, Baltimore, the job, and the gym are all great. Kind of need some friends to visit  so that we can all go to Fells or Canton together. It's so beautiful here now.

On weekends I'm making trips to Philly. Last weekend was our 1 year anniversary - and I never thought I'd plan to celebrate a 1 year anniversary and be so excited to do so. I made dinner plans at a cute, newish, French byob in Philly. The bottles of wine and food were phenomenal and took me back to our time in Quebec (which was super romantic). I am in the kind of relationship where you think it doesn't get any better until a month later you realize it has. I did not even know something like this existed.

The summer job is also surprisingly interesting and BUSY. I get impossible research projects that keep me occupied for hours only to end up reporting that no, MD statutes don't have anything on point. haha. But I love it anyway because my research matters and it matters to patients, hospitals, physicians...The research I do determines whether those patients will be protected from a universal drug screen, or whether the hospital has to train more people, or whether non English speaking patients will have the translators they need. That's pretty cool.

On training: I really want more lifts and I really need to do something about my 3 day "weekend" from crossfit. Because I am in philly sat-sunday, I don't go to the gym and because I have a 6-9pm class on Monday I don't go to the gym. Should I try visiting CFCC this weekend? :)

Our 1 year anniversary dinner at this modern french byob in Philly

1 year

2 comments:

  1. Larissa,
    Hi, how have you been? I was just at a Cert. this weekend with some guys from CFCC and they were awesome so that is an option. But what I recommend is to call a few of the boxes in the philly area that you have access to and ask them if their programming is set up for weekend weightlifting programming with little or no mono-structural work ( you are getting enough of that already ) I am sure that of the dozens of facilities there has to be a few that have programming scheduled in a way that has OLY/Weightlifting programs on the weekend. Or you can always drive up to us and we will be sure to put some heavy stuff in your hands...
    B-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brad! I used to crossfit at CFCC - it's where I started crossfit and they are AMAZING. They pretty much all know me so you were probably at cert with some of my friends.

    I am crossfitting in Baltimore for the summer because I am here for an internship. I'll be back to heavy lifting in the fall :)

    hope to see you soon though! I heard Gina came in to check it out!

    ReplyDelete