Here in Baltimore the 30 day paleo challenge is called a Food Reboot. The structure of the reboot is based on points and the rules are Whole30 guidelines. Whole30 guidelines are really strict in comparison to what I am used to (I have always been allowed alcohol and at times dark chocolate on my challenges). Now, I have to deduct a point with each glass of red wine which means that I'm conscious of my drinking but doesn't mean that I've completely stopped.
Meals
● +4 Points for each Whole30 Meal, Maximum 3 meals/day
Exercise
● +5 Points for 3 workouts per week
● +10 Points for 4 workouts per week
● +20 Points for 5 workouts per week
Extra Points
● +1 Point for drinking at least 64 oz of water a day
● +1 Point for Sleeping 8 hours or more a day
Negative Points
● -1 Point for drinking an alcoholic beverage (-5 max per day)
● -2 Points for a Cheat Food, Any Sweetner, Beverage (excludes alcohol)
● -5 Points for LESS than 3 workouts per week
I am also SUPER motivated to get to the gym as many times as I possibly can during the week. Because I travel on weekends and because of extenuating circumstances, I have not been able to crossfit on the weekends. But my goal is to make it to the gym monday through friday of this week for my full +20 points ;)
Date Weight Benchmark Score
Reboot Start 6/17/2013 131.17 lb 30.52 min "Micheal"
Reboot End 7/16/2013
I am also keeping a detailed food log HERE for 6/24 complete with daily descriptions and point value totals.
Last week's log HERE for 6/17
Goals
Definitely improve my endurance and time with the benchmark "Michael"
Crossfit 5x a week (already made arrangements to leave work at 4 on mondays for this)
Strive for max points every day (this means 8 hrs sleep, 64 oz water, 3 meals a day, no wine)
According to whole 30, I am not supposed to be emulating desserts. Whoops.
My sweet potato concoction is gone so I guess from here on out I'll stick with the baked, plain version.
Meals
● +4 Points for each Whole30 Meal, Maximum 3 meals/day
Exercise
● +5 Points for 3 workouts per week
● +10 Points for 4 workouts per week
● +20 Points for 5 workouts per week
Extra Points
● +1 Point for drinking at least 64 oz of water a day
● +1 Point for Sleeping 8 hours or more a day
Negative Points
● -1 Point for drinking an alcoholic beverage (-5 max per day)
● -2 Points for a Cheat Food, Any Sweetner, Beverage (excludes alcohol)
● -5 Points for LESS than 3 workouts per week
I am also SUPER motivated to get to the gym as many times as I possibly can during the week. Because I travel on weekends and because of extenuating circumstances, I have not been able to crossfit on the weekends. But my goal is to make it to the gym monday through friday of this week for my full +20 points ;)
Date Weight Benchmark Score
Reboot Start 6/17/2013 131.17 lb 30.52 min "Micheal"
Reboot End 7/16/2013
I am also keeping a detailed food log HERE for 6/24 complete with daily descriptions and point value totals.
Last week's log HERE for 6/17
Goals
Definitely improve my endurance and time with the benchmark "Michael"
Crossfit 5x a week (already made arrangements to leave work at 4 on mondays for this)
Strive for max points every day (this means 8 hrs sleep, 64 oz water, 3 meals a day, no wine)
![]() |
| sweet potato made with unsweetened cocoa, sweet potato, three eggs, coconut flour and oil |
According to whole 30, I am not supposed to be emulating desserts. Whoops.
Cacao (100%): Yes
Cacao (or 100% cocoa) is great when used as a savory spice (our Mocha Steak Rub, found in It Starts With Food, is a great example), but you can also feel free to add it to your coffee or tea, or brew it Crio Bru-style. But per the rules of the program, it’s not okay to add cocoa to dates and other fruits to make chocolate-y confections. Read our Great Cocoa Debate for details.
My sweet potato concoction is gone so I guess from here on out I'll stick with the baked, plain version.


No comments:
Post a Comment