Pages

Followers

Monday, November 26, 2012

Into the Wild

My fabulous thanksgiving break began when I hit the submit button on our law school portal handing in a 19 page monster. That research memo kept me up for several nights and away from crossfit, cooking, healthy eating and any trace of a life. It was miserable. I'm back here and the grind continues...

In between that marathon and this one was my thanksgiving break. After I hit submit I got to see my boyfriend and eat chocolate he brought back from germany. He also delivered dinner and wine and once again I felt taken care of and so lucky. The contrast between memo writing mode and playing with boyfriend mode was so stark that it was hard to believe things could be so good all of the sudden.

Then, I traveled into the wild. State College's crisp cold air felt amazing. The quiet was serene and the snowfall magical. Although we spent time studying we also enjoyed the food, wine and company. 

I have not had time to cook. I haven't been to crossfit in over a week. Luckly, I haven't gained any weight (and that might be because I also haven't had time to drink) but I am missing the things in life that make me happy. 

boyfriend studying with snowfall outside
thanksgiving spread - mostly paleo actually

primal late-night 
tour around state college in the cold

German chocolates and hearts 


No comments:

Post a Comment